How specifically should world hunger be addressed? The 2030 Agenda includes these 5 points:
- all people will have access to safe, nutritious and sufficient food year-round.
- malnutrition will be ended, with special attention to children under 5 years of age, adolescent girls, pregnant and lactating women, and the elderly
- doubling the income and productivity of small-scale food producers, especially women, indigenous peoples, family farmers, pastoralists and fishermen.
- making food production systems sustainable and adaptable to climate change, extreme weather events, droughts, floods and other disasters.
- by 2020, the genetic diversity of seeds, crops, livestock and domestic animals and their wild relatives will be conserved, the key being well-managed and diversified seed and plant banks at national, regional and international levels.
This is the summary of the read here intentions for this sustainability goal.